Pages

Monday 13 July 2015

Boracay For A Day

Monday 13 July 2015
          Every summer, thousands of tourists, both local and foreign, flock in this tiny little island called Boracay. It is famous for its stunning sunsets, white sand beaches, and also for its night life. But this place is also good for family bonding trips, water sports activities, and watching people getting burned to a crisp under the sun. 

           So on a special summer day last April, my family and I went to Boracay. This trip is also special because it is our son's first trip to the popular island destination. We usually don't stay there overnight because we live in Kalibo and it is just an hour and a half away from Caticlan, so we end up just chilling and watching people by the beach. Enjoy the pictures. 

              My son :)

            My family ate lunch at a beach-side restaurant called PAMANA. The restaurant has a vintage decor, and they serve Filipino food. But do not expect this place to be air-conditioned. Lucky for us we got there before the lunch crowd, so we got the place to ourselves for a while.




             Here comes the food!

             Adobo Flakes. Yum! This is one of their best appetizers. My Dad and I keep on eating this but my son did not like it though.



             Pancit Buko. This is my parents' favorite. I did not eat this because I find it weird. My dad keeps on getting seconds from it though, so does my mom.



             Spicy Caldereta. I was the one who finished all of it. Hehe.


              Ensaladang Bagnet. Another favorite of my parents. My husband did not touch this because he hates the bagoong. But the pork was deep-fried to perfection, it was crunchy and not that salty.




             Crispy Turon with Cheese-flavored Ice Cream. The ice cream helped because it was so hot back then. But I did not eat the turon because that is my mother's favorite dessert.


           After a wonderful lunch, my son slept in his hammock under the shade of the coconut trees, swayed by the ocean breeze. 


            We stayed until 4 in the afternoon because we have still have to drive back to Kalibo. Our trip was nothing but grand but it sure was memorable.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Toujours, Shira © 2014